Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lonely

Here is my first poem. Hope you like it!

The minds and hearts of women are like mazes,
Their moods are like Luna in her phases.
Her tears could be shed for sorrows or joys,
Young women can turn grown men into boys.
Time goes so fast when a woman finds love,
Her heart set a-flight like a newly freed dove.
Yet hard she falls and we see her heart break
When she finds out her true love is a fake.
More than one tear will fall from her eye
As she asks God, her creator, "Why?"
He says, "he wasn't the one I planned for you;
I have some plans for one or maybe two."
She said to the Lord, "I trusted You then.
If You are to help me, please tell me when."
He said to her, "be patient my child and you shall see
What things I can do when you trust in Me.
Now please go to sleep; lay down your head.
Let dreams come to you as you lie in your bed.

2005

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Now I remember you had a whole book of poems...you had talked about getting it published?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I don't have the resources, namely, money to do so. I still hope someday to get it, just not yet.

    ReplyDelete